The silent soldiers of the coast

Uncategorized
Did you know someone is silently protecting our shores and coasts? Mangroves protect coastal areas from erosion by stabilising the shorelines with their specialised root systems. They also protect the coasts from storms, hurricanes and tsunamis. The big roots help in cutting down the energy contained in large waves. Mangrove acts as a natural barrier and have protected and saved many lives during tsunami.
Read More

Smiling Dolphin

Uncategorized
The Chinese White Dolphin (Sousa chinensis) is a variety of Indo-Pacific humpbacked dolphin. They are the most commonly found dolphin species in Matang mangrove. It is black at birth, young animals are mottled greyish-pink. While the adults are white with pinkish tint due to excessively developed blood vessels.
Read More

Little lightbulbs

Uncategorized
The light produced by the firefly is the most efficient light as nearly 100% of the energy is emitted as light. In comparison, an incandescent light bulb only emits 10% of its energy as light, while the other 90% is lost as heat. If you board on a river cruise at night along a stretch of mangrove mangrove vegetation, you may be amazed by the fascinating display of lights resembles the Christmas trees! The lights are emitted by the tiny beetles of the Pteroptyx tender to attract suitable partners. This species of firefly especially fond of putting up their show on the Berembang trees (sonneratia caseolaris).
Read More

Fish out off water

Uncategorized
Unlike other fish, mudskippers are able to survive on the solid ground during the low tide. It breathes using the gills, mucous membranes of the throat and mouth and dense capillary network in the skin. Too much time under the water can actually kill a mudskipper!
Read More

Busy musician

Uncategorized
When you walk along the boardwalk, try to look for these busy little creatures in the muddy ground. They always seen holding its large claw in front of its body and moves it back and forth as if it is playing a fiddle (violin). This is how these colourful crabs got its name - fiddler. Male fiddler crab can only eat with their tiny claw, not their big one.
Read More
SK Tunku Ismail, Sg Petani

SK Tunku Ismail, Sg Petani

Bila Dedaun Berzikir
Hari ini dlm sejarah..sbbnya Pertama Kali Pak Abu jumpa murid pling bijak dlm sejarah Pak Abu bawa pelawat di PEP.. Adik nih namanya Mohd Yusrizal b. Saiful Anuar, Dari SK Tunku Ismail , Tmn Intan, Sg. Petani Kedah..sbbnya Byk jawapannya bertaraf pelajar U pun xleh nk jwb..tpi dia jwb dgn cool n berdasarkn pemerhatian..Amazing sungguh...semangat mencintai alam sgt terserlah...nnti kwn kwn bawakn g umah beliau yea...teringin nk lebih rapat mengenali beliau...Aameeenn
Read More